About Us | Contact Us | Our Policies
Fire Destroyed the Home of One of Our Own Fannin County Fire and Rescue Volunteers in June 2008. Help Needed.

When a storm knocked the power out at firefighter, Josh Jones's, home in June of this year, he took his wife and 11 month old son down the road to visit his parents. While away the power came back on and an apparent surge is thought to have started an electrical fire in the house.

Alert neighbors noticed the fire and called 911. Dispatchers quickly paged out the call and the fire department was notified of the fire and they responded quikly to the call. Josh, the firefighter, had also been contacted and was on his way home to help battle the blaze. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the flames, but the home suffered extensive damage and the family lost most of their belongings. .

The Fannin County Fire Department held a fundraising event August 2, 2008 to help the volunteer firefighter and his family out in their time of need. The fundraiser, a motorcycle ride through the county along with dinner at one of the fire stations, raised almost two thousand dollars for the firefighter. We would like to offer our thanks to all who participated in the event, and while this was a great start, the family could still use a little more help.

For more information on how you can help, please contact the Fannin County Fire Department at 706-632-4711. Any donations would be greatly appreciated and can be sent to the firefighter, Josh Jones, in care of the Fannin County Fire Department.

Below is the address of the Fannin County Fire Department. Donation may be sent to this address.

Josh Jones - In Care Of The
Fannin County Fire Department
344 West Main Street
Blue Ridge, GA 30513


To view the pictures of the fire that devastated the lives of one of our own volunteer firefighters and his family Click Here.



Fannin County Fire Department Contact Information:
Fire Chief - Larry Thomas
Deputy Chief - Rob Ross
706-632-4711
Blue Ridge, Georgia

Thank you for visiting our site. More pictures and information will be posted as available. Please remember to add us to your favorites so you can find your way back. smiley

Please Feel Free to Link To Us With This Graphic.
link to us
Please remember to check and replace your smoke detector's batteries often!